"Live Nature" is a social enterprise operated Sai Kung District Community Centre. As early as in 2008, the Centre has been subsidized by the Sai Kung District Council to operate a "Eco-tour Guide Training Scheme" which recruited and trained a group of conservationist and nature lovers in Sai Kung for tour guide techniques. After completion of the scheme, these docent guides assisted in the setting up of "Live Nature", with the support of Sai Kung District Community Centre. By 2012, the Centre has been sponsored by a seed scheme under the "Enhancing Self-Reliance Through District Partnership Programme" by the Home Affairs Department. Under such scheme, "Live Nature" operated as a social enterprise and with a base in Sai Kung, keep on exploring the wonders of ecological and natural attractions to be brought forward by "experiential" Eco-tours and activities.
With Sai Kung as a starting point, to promote a series of "experiential" Eco-tours and activities for popularization of natural attractions in the area and knowledge related with nature conservation.
Through the implementation of the scheme, it enables the participation of different parties including those from industries of cruise, tour, food & beverage as well transportation in the operation of "experiential" Eco-tours, besides of a continuous uplifting of service level, it can also help to support the growth of eco-tourism in the community, consolidation the various operators who shared the same ideology in the field for sharing, exploring and deploying the opportunities and resources including the accumulation of talents for the future development of "experiential" Eco-tourism. It also serves to contribute for a foundation ground for promotion of social enterprises sharing the same mission so that groups of organizations from general public can work together with various sectors including governmental, commercial and civilian under a self-sustainable principle and environment for the benefits of local communities and normal enterprises.
Main Points of interest:
● Sai Kung ancient caldera and formation of hexagonal rock columns and their specialities
● The marine erosion processes
● Visit the newly opended Kau Sai Village Story Room
*Full refund or rescheduling would be made if activity affected by adverse weather, that is Amber Rainstorm Warning or the Typhoon Signal No.3 warning or above is hoisted within two hours before departure on tour date. Rescheduled activities should be carried out within three months; otherwise no refund will be made.
*In the event of sudden adverse weather or environmental condition change during the tour, the tour guide or the officer-in-charge may decide whether to cancel the activity, and no refund in that case.
*The tour will not wait for latecomers and paid fees will not be refunded to latecomers or no-shows.
*Paid fees will not be refunded if participants cannot make the trip for personal reasons or request cancellation. No tour change and participant's name change, or rescheduling will be accepted.
*Please be reminded that no pets are allowed to join ALL guided tours unless it is specially arranged for bringing your pets.
*Participants must provide real-name registration for event insurance needs, otherwise the registration will be canceled and the payment will not be refunded.
*This tour is service in Cantonese (English or Mandarin is also available)
**Due to the implement epidemic preventive measures, for enrollment please through online on or before 23:59 on the week of Tuesday before departure, on site enrollment are not available.
(1) Enroll online and pay with Paypal
(2) Cash deposit to our HSBC bank account 819-548017-001 (Sai Kung District Community Centre Limited), email or fax the deposit slip along with all participant’s names to [email protected] or 2798 9711.
(3) Visit “Volcano Discovery Centre” for enrollment. (Sai Kung Waterfront Park, next to Sai Kung Bus Terminus.)
Everyday 9:00am to 5:00pm
Closed on the first and second days of Chinese New Year
Enquiry: 8200 0248
1. Full refund or rescheduling would be made if activity affected by adverse weather, that is Amber Rainstorm Warning or the Typhoon Signal No.3 warning or above is hoisted within two hours before departure on tour date.
2. Rescheduled activities should be carried out within three months; otherwise no refund will be made.
1. In the event of sudden adverse weather or environmental condition change during the tour, the tour guide or the officer-in-charge may decide whether to cancel the activity, and no refund in that case.
2. Paid fees will not be refunded if participants cannot make the trip due to personal reason or request for cancellation. Replacement on tour and participant's name, or rescheduling will not be accepted.
3. The tour will not wait for latecomers, therefore paid fees will not be refunded for latecomer or no-show.
1. Do not climb the rock columns or trample on severely weathered or eroded surfaces. Watch out for shifting or slippery rocks.
2. Do not take away any rock, fossil, mineral or silt. It is an offence to dig up, damage or deface any rocks in Hong Kong. All Geosites are under the protection of the Country Parks Ordinance and Marine Parks Ordinance.
3. Wear suitable hiking shoes, hats and clothes. Also take gloves, first-aid kits and weather-proof clothes with you.
4. Prepare basic necessities including ample of drinking water, medication (if any), sun block, rain gear, and insect repellant.
5. Yacht tour participants should take motion sickness medication one hour prior to the departure time if needed.
6. All tours include HK$100,000 accidental and disablement insurance coverage, additional insurance coverage can be purchased under participants’ discretion.
7. Please arrive at the gathering place on time, no refund due to late arrival or no-show.
1. The Centre will notify participating groups if the schedule of a certain day still applies at two hours prior to commencement, according to the guidelines on outdoor activities in adverse weather.
2. Activities of the day will be suspended if the Amber Rainstorm Warning or the Typhoon Signal No.3 warning or above is hoisted within two hours before departure.
3. Affected activities will be postponed or cancelled depending on individual circumstances. Participating groups will be notified of related arrangements within a week.
4. The schedule of guided tours might be adjusted or cancelled depending on tidal or wave conditions.
5. Participants are asked to follow the tour guide's instructions to prevent accidents.
6. In the event of sudden adverse weather or great wind on the sea during the process, the tour guide or the director on duty may decide whether to cancel the activities. But no refund will be made in that case.
No. 8 Mei Yuen Street, Sai Kung, N.T.